Military and Family History Research
Could you use help with your research? I provide guidance and customized research assistance to individuals, community groups and institutions.
Perhaps you’re conducting your own research but need help interpreting a military record or determining the next step to take? If so just one hour of my time may be all you require. If however you don’t have the time or desire to scour countless military records I can conduct all the research on your behalf. Here are some of the personalized services I provide:
- Locate historical records. I subscribe to a handful of genealogy and specialized databases and can quickly locate records on your behalf.
- Interpret military records. You’ve located a record but what does it mean? I can help make sense of the unfamiliar terms and processes.
- Photo identification. Your family photos may hold clues that will move your research forward. I can help date photographs and identify badges and insignias.
- Provide context. I can provide background information that may offer insights into your ancestor’s experience and help you see the bigger picture.
- Help overcome roadblocks. You’ve encountered a brick wall that needs knocking down. Let me help you identify the next steps.
- Commemoration. I can provide suggestions on how to share your research and pass the torch to future generations.
I offer a free consultation to determine what works best for you. My rate is CAD$25 per hour with discounts available for larger projects. For your free consultation please complete the form below and I will reply by email. Thank you!
“Many years ago, a Canadian soldier’s letter and photo dated Aug 22, 1918 from, Seaford Sussex, C.E.T.D. were found, hidden (circa 1989) in my grandmother’s antique writing desk. Over the years, I had often wondered who this soldier was and where he lived . As soon as I sent the photo and letter to Steve he was able to promptly identify the soldier who wrote it and research his background. I was greatly impressed and found Steve to be a diligent, enthusiastic and honest researcher. If you have any photos of soldiers, you need identified, I would highly recommend Steve.”Michael G.Ontario, Canada
“Steve was able to provide me with the information that I requested on my father’s service in the Canadian army during WWI. The detail provided was beyond my expectations, including medical information from his stay in military hospitals in England. The information was provided promptly and, where possible, accompanied by photocopies of the source. This has allowed me to see my father’s role in the Great War from the perspective of his military unit and the army as a whole. I found Steve’s charges for his service very reasonable.”K.Elizabeth GibbsHampden, MaineUSA
Payment can be made by Paypal or Money Order. Canadians and Americans may also pay by cheque.
I’m so confident that you’ll be happy with my services that I will refund your money if you are not.