WW1 on CBC Radio
A summary of First World War centenary content on CBC Radio (you can listen to episodes online or download a podcast):
The Bugle and the Passing Bell
- A new 10-week series of 30-minute episodes featuring interviews with Canadian First World War veterans conducted by the CBC in 1964. Note: the original 1964 radio series, entitled Flanders’ Fields: Canadian Voices from WW1 is available on iTunes for $9.99.
- Five one-hour episodes including: Margaret Macmillan and World War One, World War One and the Birth of Public Relations, Wind of Another Planet: Music and the Great War, Madness and the Prolonged War and Just War Theory: So What?
Klay and Mills on the ‘Great War’s’ cultural impact (Q with Jian Ghomeshi)
- 14-minute interview with comic writer Pat Mills and Iraqi veteran Phil Klay
WWI centennial: Robert Fisk on the war at home (Q with Jian Ghomeshi)
- 15-minute interview with Robert Fisk
Blood, Blunder and Valour: Canada and the world go to war (The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti)
- 22-minute interview with Thomas Otte, Tim Cook and Jennifer Jenkins
Tell Me What You Think!